my recent reads..

Atomic Accidents: A History of Nuclear Meltdowns and Disasters; From the Ozark Mountains to Fukushima
Power Sources and Supplies: World Class Designs
Red Storm Rising
Locked On
Analog Circuits Cookbook
The Teeth Of The Tiger
Sharpe's Gold
Without Remorse
Practical Oscillator Handbook
Red Rabbit

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Regrettably .. my Disqus experiment is over

It held great promise .. and I think still does .. but I am calling my experiment with Disqus commenting to en end.

I've unfortunately had too much feedback that it is just too (friggin) hard for the casual commenter. Bash me upside down, isn't it?

I hope the Disqus folks to manage to improve the interface to remove any barriers to adoption, because I still do look forward to the day we can wave goodbye to forums, and bring in an era of universally connected discussions!

2 comments:

Dan Norris said...

I haven't had any problems or complaints. Of course, I may not have as many commenters as you do. I've also used Disqus at other sites without having to sign up (entering my name, email, website, just like most other sites) and it wasn't any harder for me. Were your issues integration-related problems with blogger?

Unknown said...

Hi Dan, I can't really say for sure, but from the personal feedback I got, it seemed like a "straw that broke the camel's back" problem. Disqus appeared to add one too many complexities to the commenting process and people skipped over.

I may just have been posting crap at the time, but turning on disqus coincided with quite a drop-off in commenting.