my recent reads..

Atomic Accidents: A History of Nuclear Meltdowns and Disasters; From the Ozark Mountains to Fukushima
Power Sources and Supplies: World Class Designs
Red Storm Rising
Locked On
Analog Circuits Cookbook
The Teeth Of The Tiger
Sharpe's Gold
Without Remorse
Practical Oscillator Handbook
Red Rabbit

Monday, August 06, 2007

My Reading Feed

Just a quick note to highlight a relatively new enhancement to blogspot .. the ability to get an RSS feed for a given label. I stumbled across the instructions while trying to figure out how to get a feed of all the book reviews I decided to put up at my Prata Life blog. The basic URL formulation is like this:

http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/-/labelname
e.g. my reading feed is:
http://pratalife.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/-/Read
So now I have a little side-panel on the tardate blog showing the most recent books I've read, using the RSS widget. Cool!

Top of the list right now is The Ambler Warning by Robert Ludlum, which had some interesting, coincidental cross-overs to other books I'd read recently (blink, Softwar). Includes an interesting cameo(?) as the book reaches a climax, action centers on the World Economic Forum meeting at Davos..

"A couple of yards away from him, an older, rangy American billionaire - someone whose 'enterprise software' was an industry standard across the globe..." Hmmm, ring any bells? If you don't think Bill makes 'enterprise software', then I reckon it can only be one person ...

No comments: