my recent reads..

Atomic Accidents: A History of Nuclear Meltdowns and Disasters; From the Ozark Mountains to Fukushima
Power Sources and Supplies: World Class Designs
Red Storm Rising
Locked On
Analog Circuits Cookbook
The Teeth Of The Tiger
Sharpe's Gold
Without Remorse
Practical Oscillator Handbook
Red Rabbit

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Synchronising two directory trees

I've released an update to Chang Liu's tree-sync.pl script on CPAN (currently tree-sync-2.2.pl).

I had some problems with the original script, so this is a re-write that uses an algorithm based on File::Find module.

I've only been testing on Windows and Linux, but so far so good - it solves my immiedate issue which was to have a way of maintaining a synchronised "backup" copy of various filesystems.

PS: As of Oct-2008, the tree-sync project is now on github. Use this if you want to contribute to development. Of course, releases will still be distributed for use on CPAN.

No comments: